The Magnetism Competence Center includes 8 tools to perform physical properties and magnetometry measurements as a function of temperature (from 2 to 1000 K) and magnetic field amplitude (up to 9T).
The 8 experimental set ups allow to measure:
- Magnetization and magnetic susceptibility (2 SQUID, 2 VSM, 1 PPMS, 1 Kerr)
- Electrical resistance, magnetoresistance, Hall effect (1 dedicated PPMS)
- Specific heat and thermoelectric constants (1 dedicated PPMS)
The « Magnetism Skills Center » offers 4 levels of services :
- measurement service both for academic and industrial partners
- qualifying training, assistance, and tool rental for recurrent users
- scientific and technical support and advice for data treatment and simulation
- specific technical developments for innovative tools integrated appliances CC (drawing, design, fabrication).
The « Magnetism Skills Center » is located at the Sciences and Technologies Faculty in Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy.
It holds two members: One research staff member and one engineer.
Head of Competence Center : Thomas HAUET
Contact and reservation :
For new users :
For confirmed users :
Reservation of devices must be done online following this link :